2017 TEXAS INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST OF THE YEAR
Hodges was recognized as the 2017 Texas EdTech. Noted for her advanced leadership of technology integration and overall impact in learning and the classroom, Brianna was spotlighted for casting overall vision for digital learning for the district, inspiring a culture of shared learning and creativity. Brianna believes in frontline day-to-day support of the classroom by providing engaging and authentic professional learning to faculty to advance integration efforts and instill staff confidence. This has resulted in direct student benefit by leveraging innovative and engaging learning experiences.
2017 FUTURE READY SCHOOLS NATIONAL ADVISOR // INSTRUCTIONAL COACHES
This spring, Future Ready Schools (FRS) – led by the Alliance for Excellent Education – formed Future Ready Coaches, an expansion of the FRS initiative aimed at positioning and supporting instructional coaches as frontline leaders in the digital transformation of learning. Brianna was named a national advisor for FRC, joining Sarah Thomas of Prince Georges County, Maryland.
FUTURE READY SCHOOLS (FRS) | WWW.FUTUREREADY.ORG
Future Ready Schools is a bold effort to maximize digital learning opportunities and help school districts move quickly toward preparing students for success in college, a career, and citizenship. FRS provides districts with resources and support to ensure that local technology and digital learning plans align with instructional best practices, are implemented by highly trained teachers, and lead to personalized learning experiences for all students, particularly those from traditionally underserved communities. FRS is led by the Alliance for Excellent Education alongside a vast coalition of organizations. Find FRS on Facebook and follow on Twitter (twitter.com/FutureReady).
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- social mEDia: Leveraging Social Media to Establish an Educational Narrative, 2017 TCEA Conference
- SEE&say: Engaging Learning Through Visual Elements, 2017 TCEA Conference
- Put Me in Coach, 2017 TCEA Conference
- Start with Engagement, 2017 TCEA Conference
- escape boring PD, 2017 Future of Educational Technology Conference (FETC)
- Maben, S. K., Hodges, B. H., Goen, K. Community Building Tweets: How ‘Effective Schools’ Use Twitter for Stakeholder Communication. Journal of School Public Relations (0741-3653).
- Hodges, Brianna H. “Giving Innovation a VOICE in the Classroom.” Lightspeed Technologies Inc Blog. 15 Aug 2016
- Hodges, Brianna H. “The Collaborative Classroom Goes Mobile.” Lightspeed Technologies Inc Blog. 1 Mar. 2016
- A Two-Way Tweet: Engaging Stakeholders via an Effective Social Media Presence for K-12 Schools, 2016, TCEA Conference
- Kicking and Screaming: Designing a PD Program to Bring Teachers into the 21st Century, 2016 TCEA Conference.
- A Two-Way Tweet, 2015, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication MidWinter Conference
- Maben, S.K., Hodges, B.H., Goen, K. Procuring Passion-driven Partnerships through Effective School Social Networking. The Journal of the Effective Schools Project. 22 (2015):47-55. thejesp.org
- Maben., S.K., Hodges, B.H., Goen, K., Social Networking and Effective Schools Project: An Analysis of Stakeholder Communication. Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. March 6, 2015.
- Digital Citizenship: DigiNatives to DigiSuperHeroes, 2015, TCEA Conference
- Personalizing the Personal Narrative for the 21st Century Learner, 2014, Effective Schools Project